Ebay Complaints | Ebay Scam | bestbrandsbay
I’ve always been pretty happy with Ebay, until I actually had to be able to contact them and get a reply from them…..
I purchased a pair of Nike Overpass sunglasses from bestbrandsbay (Raul Townsend) which never arrived, and although the order was only US $88.98, it’s the principle of the way Fred Townsend email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org has left me hanging, and I will not give up on this till he has corrected the huge mistake he made of double crossing me.
How did he double cross me you ask?
Well, first of I’m sure you must have some issues with this person or eBay as well, otherwise you would probably not have ended up here through Google :-) Let me summarize this for you, and let me point out I’m not only unhappy with Fred but also with eBay.
- on December 11th 2012 I placed the order for “NEW NIKE OVERPASS MAX OPTICS EVO SUNGLASSES BLACK/BLACK-GREAT FOR SPORTS !!!” on eBay and paid via PayPal
- on January 10th 2013 I notified him that I had not received the item, in summary he said “be patient”
- on January 31st 2013 I notified him that I had still not received the item, I asked for a refund, the response was that I could pick another pair which he would send right away
- I picked a new pair
- on February 2nd 2013 he confirmed with “I will ship them with priority so you should be getting them within 7-10 days. Thanks”
- on February 12th 2013 I notified him that I still had not received the new item he supposedly would have sent and that I was about to file a complaint, his response was “Please be patient. Sometimes it takes longer for international delivery. Thanks”
- on February 26th 2013 I sent “Fred, I’ve now waited long enough don’t you think, it’s time for a refund so we can put this matter to rest. thank you”, to which he replied “Yes. Im sorry. I was waiting to see if I would get them back. I will send you a refund on Friday when We do all refunds. Thanks for you patience.”
- I replied “Mate, not waiting anymore, ordered glasses from ebay before, got them within 7days, it’s now been 3 months and you keep saying wait, wait wait, only option left is; you refund the money today or tomorrow I file a complaint.”
- I did not file a complaint (but should have) waited to hear back from him and on March 5th he replied “for some reason Im can’t send you a refund. Please send me a “money request” for the amount you paid (minus the shipping fees)”
- Note that he failed to include an email address to which I could make a money request via Paypal, also note that he already had my email address and could have send the refund
- I then send several messages asking for his email address, since then he stopped replying
Please note, I only just found his email address after doing more research, however, I doubt it very much that he would refund the money. Plus at this stage I’ve wasted so much time that I feel he owes me more than the $88.98. Furthermore, how could I know what email address to use since he has a few, it should have been included in the message had he really wanted me to make a money request.
Following is part of the guarantee he makes on eBay.
“Please be patient because we do have our “100% Satisfaction guarantee or your money back” Policy, so if you dont get your item(s) within that time frame, we will send you a new one or give you a full refund. Check check our feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?LeaveFeedbackShow&useridfrom=benooi.fleur.777&useridto=bestbrandsbay&item=400378631178&transactid=215840124027”
Communication with eBay
On February 16th I sent the following to eBay to which till this day I have not received a reply on (eBay’s statement “Generally we will reply within 24 hours”)
“Seller keeps responding with “wait, it will come”, obviously the seller knew that lodging a case would expire after some time as you guys don’t allow me to open a case or leave feedback for this item. Never received the item, have contacted seller several times, I have his responses saying it will be mailed. I asked for refund several times, only offered sending it again. I’ve now wasted so much time on this, I really want this resolved ASAP and the money refunded. Am very unhappy with the Ebay system as well that it only allows a certain amount of time to open a case and after that makes it almost impossible to do something about it.”
I was not able to follow eBay complaints system as my item had already gone past expiry date in which you can lodge a complaint about it, leave feedback or report it as not received.
MORAL OF THE STORY
* File your complaints right away, do not wait, even when the seller asks you to
* Leave negative feedback right away, let the seller sort it out later
* File your “Item Not Received” right away, do not let it go over 60 days
Until eBay improves their system, this is what I suggest to not be scammed out of your money, let eBay and the seller waste their time, not you.
Please note, Fred Townsend also owns the domain BESTBRANDSBAY.COM
150 PALM VALLEY BLVD
SAN JOSE, CA 95123-1061