cfchart – CFIDE/GraphData.cfm problems
Got cfchart – /CFIDE/GraphData.cfm problems?
If you’re running into problems with <cfchart> you’re more than likely experiencing problems with the mappings. On a productions machine you don’t want to expose the CFIDE to the public, so you remove it! However, ColdFusion needs access to some files to process the <cfchart> and display it.
Luckily it’s easy enough to fix this problem by creating zero-byte files for internal ColdFusion processes. These files are empty files, so they should not pose any security thread.
Follow the following steps to create the files
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the web_root/CFIDE directory, typically located at \inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE.
- Create a blank file named GraphData.cfm.
- Create a directory called main.
- Navigate to the new directory atweb_root/CFIDE/main.
- Create a blank file titled ide.cfm.
- Repeat steps B-F for any additional instances ofweb_root/CFIDE.
You should be fine after that.